Sunday, May 9, 2010

Death Note

I got addicted watching Death Note sometime last year. A bit late from the craze, actually. I fell for the character named L, which made me use his picture as my profile pic in Facebook for quite some time. And it was only this year, when I was browsing my bookmark album, that I found out about having a Death Note bookmark with his picture on it. I could get a little clumsy at times that I miss or forget details like this. It's normal. I completely didn't remember seeing this Japanese Anime in my bookmark collection when I was staying up late series-marathoning. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note
Death Note (デスノート, Desu Nōto?) is a Japanese manga series created by writer Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata. The series centers on Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook, the "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a shinigami (death god) named Ryuk. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose face they have seen, by writing the victim's name in the notebook. The story follows Light's attempt to create and rule a world cleansed of evil using the notebook, and the complex conflict between him, his opponents and a mysterious detective known to the world only as L.

Death Note was first serialized in 108 chapters by Shueisha in the Japanese manga magazine Weekly Shōnen Jump from December 2003 to May 2006. The series was also published in tankōbon format in Japan starting in May 2004 and ending in October 2006 with a total of twelve volumes. The series was adapted into live-action films released in Japan on June 17, 2006, on November 3, 2006, and on February 2, 2008. The anime series aired in Japan from October 3, 2006, to June 26, 2007. Composed of 37 episodes, the anime was developed by Madhouse and directed by Tetsuro Araki. A light novel based on the series, written by Nisio Isin, was released in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment